Your home's HVAC system is essential to your family's comfort, so it's vital that it's always in the best possible operating condition. Having the HVAC system inspected regularly can provide peace of mind about the equipment's reliability and efficiency and help you avoid any inconvenience, discomfort or unexpected repair and replacement costs.
WHEN TO SCHEDULE HVAC INSPECTIONS
To ensure that your HVAC receives the care it needs, you should schedule a cooling system inspection every spring and a heating system checkup each fall. When HVAC inspections are performed regularly, you'll reap benefits like:
- Energy savings.Routine inspections, tuneups and cleanings help keep your HVAC components operating at maximum efficiency, and this can save you money on your monthly energy bills.
- Consistent comfort.When the HVAC is inspected regularly, it's easier to address any issues that might affect your comfort, like poor temperature control, unbalanced airflow or hot and cold spots.
- Fewer big repairs.Timely HVAC inspections give a technician th chance to find newly-emerging issues while they're still minor, so they can be fixed before they develop into problems that require a major repair.
- Longer lifespan.As with any mechanical equipment, you can expect your HVAC components to last longer when they receive regular preventive maintenance.
- Assured safety.Caring for your home's comfort equipment by scheduling regular inspections not only keeps it running reliably and efficiently, but it also ensures that it stays operating safely. This can better protect your family from hazards like accidental fires or explosions from faulty electrical components or gas leaks or exposure to carbon monoxide from a compromised heat exchanger.
HVAC INSPECTIONS FOR HOME BUYING
An HVAC-specific inspection is also advisable if you're purchasing a home, to supplement the usual property inspection. When you have a detailed HVAC inspection completed, you'll gain valuable insight into the approximate age and efficiency of the existing equipment, whether it's been properly maintained, how long it should last and if there are any needed repairs.
To schedule an HVAC inspection for your home, visit our Valley Heating, Cooling, Electrical and Solar website or give us a call at (408) 868-5500.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in the South Bay Peninsula and Santa Cruz areas of California about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems).