Contact Us for All of Your Heating, Cooling, Electrical and Solar Needs
Electrical Repair in San Jose
Electrical Repair, Installation and Maintenance
Valley Heating, Cooling, Electrical and Solar, and our electricians in San Jose proudly offer a variety of electrical services. We provide electrical repairs and installations for residential homes and light commercial buildings.
Whether we are upgrading electrical panels, remodeling entire homes or troubleshooting bad circuits, our quality and commitment to our clients will never change. We guarantee to provide you with good old-fashioned service!
What Electrical Services Do we Provide
We extend our electrical services to homeowners and the owners of light commercial properties. Our team offers repairs, installations and maintenance services to keep your electrical system in good working order.
Our electrical services include:
- Electrical panel upgrades: Old, outdated electrical panels are an increased fire and safety hazard — let us replace them.
- Circuit breaker repair: Many circuit breakers become overheated through the years and may malfunction, causing them to trip — we can repair malfunctioning circuit breakers.
- Recessed lighting: Add a beautiful touch to any room with recessed lighting.
- Kitchen remodeling: We can add new outlets and recessed lighting to modernize your kitchen as part of your remodeling project.
- Ceiling fan installation: Paddle fans will cool down your home significantly during those hot summer days.
- Attic and bathroom fans: Attic fans are great for cooling down your home, while bathroom fans can prevent mold and mildew growth.
- Security lighting and flood lighting: Add motion lights to increase the safety at your home or office.
- Dedicated circuits for spas and Jacuzzis: These kinds of products may require their own circuit, which we can assist with.
Five Signs You Need an Electrician
1. Blown fuse after blown fuse - Every now and then an isolated blown fuse is nothing to write home about. But if it's happening again and again then you should call in our San Jose electrician to at the very least inspect your electrical panel.
2. Flickering lights - If your electrical system is on short supply, the first symptom of this may very well be flickering lights. Your AC, fridge, and other electrical appliances take up a lot of electricity and your lights flickering is a sign that your electrical system is spread thin.
3. That strange buzzing sound - Electricity may be able to do miraculous things, but one thing it isn't supposed to do is make noise. If you're getting a buzzing sound from an electrical appliance, then call in our San Jose electrician because this is abnormal.
4. An electrical outlet that's hot to the touch - You may think that an electrical outlet is supposed to be hot, but it's actually not a normal observation. This means that the electrical wiring in your outlet needs to be redone by a professional.
5. Power bricks connecting to power bricks - If you ever find that you don't have enough electrical outlets and you need to connect a power brick to another power brick then give us a call. This is a fire hazard and we can set up your electrical system with as many electrical outlets as you need without putting your home at risk.
How Do You Check if Your Wiring up to Date?
Checking if your wiring is up to date can be hard to assess by most inspectors and homeowners. For older homes, wiring usually tends to deteriorate which leads to more issues. For the best analysis of your wiring, you should reach out to a trusted electrician near you to inspect.
Electrical Tips and Tricks
If your house has a breaker box instead of a fuse box, when something goes off, it is likely due to a thrown breaker. If this is the case, you simply need to turn the breaker completely off and then turn it back on again in order to restore power. If this problem persists, you may have a bad breaker or there may be too much power being drawn from the area that it controls.
Periodically, you will encounter a blown fuse. This occurs when the thin metal strip that runs through the middle of a fuse has melted. When this occurs, the fuse needs to be replaced, but make sure that your replacement is rated the same as the existing one. It is also good to perform a fuse replacement while on dry ground.
When using your power tools with an extension cord, check the power rating of the item as well as the gauge of the extension cord. You could be losing precious power if the cord cannot carry enough to the device. This will lead to poor performance and could damage your tool or device by not giving it to the power to run properly.
Have questions or need a San Jose electrician? Contact Valley Heating, Cooling, Electrical and Solar online or give us a call today.
Our Customers Love Us
"Nice, honest, and very fast and extremely professional."
We are very pleased.- R. Canepa, San Jose
"The team arrived on time and worked diligently"
We can immediately see a difference in the quality of the air- Christian B.
"They understood how important customer service is. It was a pleasure doing business with this company."- Club Pilates North San Jose