Contact Us for All of Your Heating, Cooling, Electrical and Solar Needs
Heating Installation in San Jose
Call Valley Heating, Cooling, Electrical and Solar for Your Replacement
Heating systems do not last forever and while repairs and maintenance can help prolong their lifespan, the average heater will need to be replaced roughly every two decades. If you have a unit that continually breaks down, our technician will run a diagnostic to determine if a replacement is your best option.
If your heater needs to be replaced, our experts at Valley Heating, Cooling, Electrical and Solar offer customer-focused solutions, world-class workmanship and premium new systems that will be perfectly matched to your home size and capacity.
Reach out to the San Jose heating installation team at Valley Heating, Cooling, Electrical and Solar at (408) 868-5500.
Furnaces and Forced-Air Heating are the Most Common Heating Systems
Our team will evaluate your home and make recommendations based on your specific needs and budget.
- Electric baseboards
- Heat pumps
- Forced-air heating
- Gas-heating fireplaces inserts
Five Signs You Need Heater Replacement
1. The thermostat stops working - the thermostat’s main job is to tell your HVAC system how much heat to produce. If you have to turn your thermostat higher and higher to heat your home even a little bit, that is a definite sign that your furnace needs to be assessed and probably repaired. Malfunctions with this component often occur due to electrical issues like blown fuses, loose wiring or tripped circuit breakers. Because of the risk for shock, they can be a bit dangerous to fix - so contact our San Jose heater replacement experts.
2. Utility bills on the rise - all HVAC units become less efficient as time goes on. What this means is that your indoor air temperature will be fine, but your heater will need more oil or gas to achieve the same level of output and that'll cost you on your utility bills.
3. Old age - heaters can last for a couple of decades. If your unit is much older than that and working just fine, then you're lucky. But if your unit is old and breaking down, we invite you to consult with our Silicon Valley and San Jose heater replacement specialists before sinking more money into a dying unit.
4. Repair after repair - while our heater repair technicians will always be available to service your unit, you shouldn't be seeing them every season. At some point, another repair call is going to be more expensive when a new unit is on the horizon - so make the upgrade sooner rather than later.
5. A very expensive repair - if there is a repair that costs half of what a new unit costs, you should consider heater replacement instead.
What Is the Life Expectancy of a Heating System?
The lifespan of a heating system can vary depending on various factors such as its type, maintenance, installation quality, and environmental conditions.
- Type of System: Different heating systems have different lifespans. For instance, traditional furnaces typically last around 15-20 years, boilers can last 15 years or more with proper maintenance, heat pumps generally have a lifespan of 10-15 years, and electric baseboard heaters can last 20 years or more.
- Maintenance: Regular maintenance is essential for prolonging the lifespan of a heating system. Consistent upkeep, including annual inspections, cleaning, and timely replacement of worn parts, can prevent breakdowns and extend the system's lifespan.
- Installation Quality: The quality of the initial installation also plays a significant role. A correctly installed system is less likely to encounter problems and can last longer than one that was installed incorrectly.
- Environmental Conditions: Factors like climate and air quality can impact the lifespan of a heating system. Systems in harsh climates or areas with poor air quality may experience more wear and tear, leading to a shorter lifespan.
In summary, while there are general estimates for the lifespan of various heating systems, individual circumstances greatly influence the actual duration. Regular maintenance and careful attention to system care can help maximize its lifespan.
The Name to Trust For All Your Heating Installation Needs
Valley Heating, Cooling, Electrical, and Solar strives to stand out and we’re proud of our reputation as one of the local leaders in our industry. When it comes to your heating installation service, that means being thorough and comprehensive while completing every part of your job to the best of our ability. Our integrity is a focus to make sure your new system is as efficient and reliable as possible for long-term satisfaction - and we guarantee your satisfaction with your new heating system!
To schedule a heater system replacement or installation service in the San Jose area, give Valley Heating, Cooling, Electrical and Solar a call at (408) 868-5500.
Our Customers Love Us
"Got the job done perfectly in one day"
I suggest Valley to anyone in the area looking for any heating/cooling work.- Mark C.
"The team arrived on time and worked diligently"
We can immediately see a difference in the quality of the air- Christian B.
"I got exactly what I wanted"
Found an amazing solution to clearing up extra head space in my tight basement project- Monica G.