Why Your Bathroom Fan Matters
You know that fan in the bathroom? The one you turn on when you get in the shower, that makes a lot of noise? If you donandrsquo;t have one of these products in your home, you should consider installing one ASAP. According to some, the fan in the bathroomandrsquo;s primary function is to prevent the mirror from fogging up too much when you take a shower. However, by removing excess moisture and condensation, your bathroom exhaust fan performs a number of essential functions for this space. Keep reading to learn more about why your bathroom fan matters, courtesy of our home comfort team at Valley Heating, Cooling, Electrical and Solar.
Five Reasons Itandrsquo;s Essential to Have a Working Bathroom Fan
- Increased Visibility: When water vapor builds on mirrors and windows, it can create a foggy effect that obscures visibility. As alluded to above, exhaust fans play an important part in getting rid of moisture, so you donandrsquo;t end up with excess vapor buildup on your bathroom mirror. This is a major point of convenience for everybody, but can be especially important for the elderly, those with mobility issues or those who are visually impaired and need to see as clearly as possible to safely exit the shower.
- Odor Prevention: Among the primary reasons exhaust fans are important for a safe, clean bathroom is the role they play in odor removal. After all, the reason you turn your bathroom fan on when you are using the toilet isnandrsquo;t just to cover up noiseandmdash;itandrsquo;s to eliminate smells from waste, not to mentioned moisture-related odors (more on that later.) This makes going to the bathroom a more pleasant experience for you, as well as for the person who needs to use the bathroom after you.
- Humidity Control: Too much moisture and heat create high humidity, so when you take a hot shower, you can increase your bathroomandrsquo;s humidity levels to an unsafe point. Too much humidity causes wallpaper to peel, paint to crack and even wood to warp. More importantly, extremely humid environments can be a breeding ground for mold, which not only releases a foul stench, but pollutes your air with potentially toxic spores. Speaking of whichandhellip;
- Better Indoor Air Quality: There are always some mold spores floating in your air, but when ingested in high quantities, mold spores can cause coughing, sneezing, itchy eyes, runny noses, rashes, headaches, nausea and even joint pain. Certain kinds of toxic mold, like the notorious “black mold,” for instance, may be especially dangerous to children, the elderly, and the immunocompromised. In addition to mold spores, there are a range of other airborne contaminants in your bathroom that an exhaust fan can also help to reduce, including dust and debris, various bacteria and pathogens, as well as VOCs (volatile organic compounds) from cleaning chemicals.
- Overall Property Value: A lot of older homes and apartments do not have exhaust fans, but installing this equipment can be a key selling point in attracting new owners. Some bathrooms have older heating fans or other equipment, while other houses simply do not have the ductwork necessary to support an exhaust fan. With the assistance of our experienced professional, you can get a brand new exhaust fan designed to make life easier for you and whomever moves into your home next.
Trust Valley Heating, Cooling, Electrical and Solar For Your Fan-Related Needs
At Valley Heating, Cooling, Electrical and Solar, we proudly offer cutting-edge fan installations to make sure your home is as comfortable as possible. Our indoor air quality experts have seen firsthand what a difference a well-placed exhaust fan can make and when it comes to your bathroom, we will happily advise you on any upgrades that will make your house safer and more comfortable. Contact us today to get more information, and donandrsquo;t forget to ask about available specials and financing on a range of products and services.Valley Heating, Cooling, Electrical and Solar, is available by phone today at (408) 868-5500. For more information, you can also fill out our contact form online.