Air duct cleaning is something many homeowners put off or never do. However, having this service come in to clean out your ductwork and HVAC systems can help to improve your home's living environment tremendously. The amount of improvement depends on when the last time you had this system cleaned as well as the buildup that has occurred. Should you have it done? Do you need it? There are a few ways to know that you do.
Do You Need It?
Before you invest in air duct cleaning, make sure it is a worthwhile service. To know this, you will need to look for some signs that it may be time. The following are a few indications that you should call out a professional for service.
1. Notice the vents in your home. Both the supply and the return vents are important because dirt or dust here indicates a larger problem within the system. If you notice anything on the outside of the venting, it may be time to have the inside cleaned, too.
2.Consider the air quality in the home. Individuals who have flares in asthma or allergies may be suffering because of the buildup here. In addition, if you or your family members have had itchy eyes or a lot of sneezing, this is also an indication that the system is back.
3. Is there a significant buildup of gas throughout the home? When the ductwork has a buildup of dust, it is likely that the ducts are the cause. Since the air pushes through the ductwork and into the space, it often will push dust through as well, which ends up coating the interior of your home.
4. In situations where the interior of the home has poor air quality due to substances in the living environment, it is important to have this type of air duct cleaning done at least annually. This includes situations where you are doing significant remodeling, repair work or in homes where there are smokers.
5. If your HVAC is running longer or harder to cool or heat the home, this could be an indication that the ducts are blocked. If you notice your energy bills are on the rise, this could be one of the reasons for it. By removing the dust, debris and dander, you'll reduce energy requirements.
Air duct cleaning is not something to put off if you have any of these warning signs. By taking the time to clean out the ductwork, you will improve the air quality in the entire home. It does not have to take a lot of time or money to get done, too. Have a professional come to your home, get the job done and give you the improved living conditions you need.
At Valley Heating, Cooling and Electrical - and Solar, we are a well known Duct Cleaning company in San Jose, CA that is committed to providing you with quality duct cleaning services.
WE HAVE THREE OPTIONS FROM WHICH TO CHOOSE FROM:
1. Duct cleaning with truck mounted power vacuum
2. Furnace cleaning, tune up and duct cleaning with truck mounted power vacuum
3. Scrub-high pressure duct cleaning, with brushing/duct ball method. The areas to be cleaned will be air washed, swept with forward or reversed air at 175 pounds of pressure per square inch and power brushed or wiped to remove all visible dust and debris.
This option might require a site visit, which is a free estimate. This is our most extensive cleaning and will take approximately 4-6 hours. Contact us today at (408) 868-5500 for a FREE estimate!